For our Grid Compliance Testing group we are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic electrical engineer. Grid Compliance is part of the Offshore Electrical Drive Train R&D Department located in Denmark. The Team consists of test-, grid connection and simulation engineers.
The group is responsible for coordination and execution of all relevant electrical grid compliance measurements for WT’s developed by SGRE. These results are used for internal verification and validation as well as for external parties (e.g. customers, system operators and certification bodies to provide required certificates for specific markets). The most common tests include Under Voltage Ride Though, Over Voltage Ride Through, Reactive Power capability and Power quality measurements. Other aspects of the work are related to grid codes, understanding and defining of new functionalities future WT’s need to provide to fulfill grid codes as well as technology development projects.
Quality and delivery as promised are key performance elements in the daily work to ensure best in class wind turbines for our customers.
What are my responsibilities?
- Being responsible for executing measurements on wind turbines and activities derived from this
- Participating in the test of the wind turbines
- Analyzing, evaluating and reporting of test result
- Defining test plans for new wind turbine measurement campaigns
- Ensuring the right quality and deliver as promised to our projects and costumers
- Specifying new features and functions WT’s and WPP need to provide to fulfill grid codes
- What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar combined with some experience from testing of wind turbines or other electrical equipment
- You have knowledge in the following areas: MV and LV power systems, harmonics and flicker analysis, protection systems, wind turbines / wind power plants and grid connection requirements
- Preferable you have experience with an simulation tool (e.g. Matlab Simulink, DIgSILENT Power Factory or others)
- You are result oriented, structured and a dedicated team player
- You are able to work in an international and multi-cultural environment
- You are able to work under pressure and balance multiple simultaneous tasks and large amounts of data
- You can handle interfaces with numerous parties
- You possess good communication skills in general and excellent English skills both orally and in writing
There will be at least 60 travel days a year to the various test sites.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 25,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 5,700 employees out of a global staff of 25,000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark.
Read more at https://www.siemens.com/global/en/home/markets/wind.html .
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job at http://www.gamesacorp.com/en/human-capital/job-offers/ Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Frank Martin via phone +45 3037 5363
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.comHelp Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.