About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 25,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company are listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
About the position:
For our Blade Integrity team, we are looking for a highly skilled composite expert. The Blade Integrity team works on cutting-edge technology in an international environment. The job will expose the engineer to a wide range of tasks allowing personal and technical growth and achieving a deep understanding of wind turbine blades. The Blade Integrity team is part of the Blade Structural Design Department which is responsible for the design of new blades, development of core technologies, support to factories, and warranty case handling.
What are my responsibilities?
• You can take a leading role in the development team for blade structure design
• Contribute to technology development projects with regards to blade structures
• Develop blade sensor systems
• Work with a value chain approach to optimize the product in collaboration with different interface
• Establish a clear understanding of design drivers and structured approach to expand the boundaries
• Proactively maintain interfaces with Supply Chain, Laboratories, Blade test center, product integrity and service
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• You have an MSc or PhD degree in mechanical engineering or aeronautical engineering or relevant industry experience
• You have a solid understanding of light weight structures and composites
• You are familiar with commercial FE software and good understanding of composite materials
• You have excellent communication skills and are able to communicate your results in a clear and convincing manner
• You have a structured approach to your work and are able to handle simultaneous assignments without losing the overview
• You are able to work independently, and you can drive your own assignments
• You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Lars Oliver Bernhammer via phone +45 23335451
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
You may also apply through the following link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/explore/journal/offshore-wind-engineering
If you want to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqC5eFU3Jo&t=8s