Location: Brande, Denmark
For our R&D Department we are looking for a skilled product design quality engineer to handle quality and test, verification and validation activities in our electrical designs of power converters and electrical control and power supply panels.
The quality engineer is responsible for leading the way the quality assurance activities are be handled in our new product development projects, as well as taking an active part in conducting activities and improving tools, processes and methods within design quality. In addition, the quality lead engineer will be an active partner in securing the future electrical hardware solutions in Siemens Wind Turbines.
The department is responsible for product and technology developments in the areas of power converters and electrical panels, medium voltage transformers and switch-gears as well as EMC conformity, Grounding and Lightning Protection. As quality lead engineer you will be responsible for technical project and process management of a skilled global team with a very broad area of technical knowledge within electrical design.
What are my responsibilities?
- Driving quality assurance activities in our development projects for electrical design of solutions and components, e.g. power converters and control panels
- Participate in requirements engineering, D-FMEAs, Test & Verification planning etc.
- Improve tools, methods and processes for all relevant design quality activities
- Participating in weekly project meetings in the hardware department
- Driving technical solutions and reviews with internal design team and multiple sub-suppliers and solution providers
- Act as role model for design quality related activities and train your colleagues in best practice
- Task coordination and priorities as well as task execution on key tasks
- Continued development of the design process, design guidelines and design rules
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an education within electrical engineering and minimum 7-10 years of experience within product development and project management of complex products with multiple stakeholders and suppliers
- You are a skilled design engineer or senior design engineer with deep technical understanding of relevant standards, e.g. IEC, UL
- Driving You have worked extensively with quality assurance tools and test & verification activities in development projects, e.g. D-FMEAs, Robust Design, Robustness and Lifetime Testing etc.
- An overall electrical understanding including knowledge and experience within electrical design is required. Wind turbine knowledge is an advantage
- You are familiar with working in large matrix organizations
- You are a dedicated team player and you thrive in a multi-cultural environment
- You have excellent practical and people management skills, strong communication skills and can interface with numerous parties
- You possess fluency in spoken and written English