About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Electrical System SW & CTRL Engineer
Job ID: 12980
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Denmark
Mode of employment: Full Time
About the Position
This is your once in a life time opportunity to be part of a huge engineering challenge. You will have the chance to be part of the project from the first stage in the project to the final launch. Already from project take-off you will get to collaborate with colleagues from both Supply Chain Management and Service. So there an innovative and challenging field waiting for you. Want to join?
Do you want to be a part of a highly dedicated and professional team of electrical SW & CTRL engineers developing the world’s greatest offshore wind turbine? Do you want to make offshore wind even more competitive leading to the lowest LCoE in the industry? Are you a result-oriented design engineer with experience within design of electrical control panels, cables and control system? Do you want to make a significant difference for the generations to come?
For our next generation offshore turbine platform, we are looking for the best design engineers to take on the task of developing a new groundbreaking control system to our new large offshore wind turbine. We are looking for the very skilled and systematic Electrical System SW & CTRL Engineer to specify and configure the SW solutions for the Siemens Wind Power turbines. We are driving development of different electrical components and solutions including definition of product structure, control system, control functions etc. for the electrical system. In addition we are participating in the build and refinement of complete wind turbine prototypes including mechanical, electrical and functionality integration of our components and solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working on specifying and configuring the functions, features and parameters for the control system and power converter
- Participating in reviews of different functions and features and defining parameters and functional strategies
- Securing requirements, interfaces and T&V activities are broken down and communicated to all stakeholders and designers
- Updating documentation in our customers, both internally and externally
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an educational background as an electrical engineer, Bachelor of Technology, Management and Marine Engineering or similar
- You are systematic, analytical and detail-oriented
- You are able to handle many tasks at the same time and communicate with different stakeholders from different design groups, prototype build etc.
- You are committed to your tasks and are able drive them and to see them through/complete them
- You are curious, out-going and interested in seeing what happens during prototype build and assembly and optimizing the design together with the different design departments
- You possess strong communication skills and excellent English skills orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job at https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/career
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Mogens Lau via phone +45 30376816
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
If you want to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqC5eFU3Jo&t=8s