The Nacelle and hub structures are dynamical loaded which results in high requirements for the mechanical components due to the risk of extreme and fatigue failure. The department has the responsibility to develop and design the Nacelle and Hub modules from concept to tested and verified products, ready for handover to serial production.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible to drive a variety of engineering tasks on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacturing, through to installation and final commissioning. The Mechanical Design Engineer will have a broad interface to different stakeholders and be part of a dynamic and multicultural R&D environment in a very large and international organization
Area of responsibility:
· Concept development and mechanical engineering design of mechanical subsystems and components like steel structures, platforms and stairs, yaw system, piping, composites etc.
· Work with 3D modeling and 2D drafting using NX Siemens PLM
· Work with technical design documentation such as D-FMEA, EHS Design Risk Assessment, Tolerance Stack Analysis, and Design Decision Logs
· Work with rough structural calculations using analytical methods and Finite Element Analysis
· Execute design reviews with stakeholders
· Collaboration with stakeholders throughout the value chain like Prototype Workshop, Procurement, Service, Production, EHS and Suppliers
· Participate in prototype assembly in workshop and implement lessons learned
· Work with design improvements, cost outs etc.
Qualifications & Competences:
· A bachelor or master ´s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, with minimum 3 years of experience within product development and mechanical design engineering.
· A craftsman background as e.g. Blacksmith, Industrial technician or Auto mechanic will be an advantage
· Knowledge of and experience with structural calculations
· Experience with NX PLM, Teamcenter PLM and the Machinery directive 2006/42/EC is an advantage
· Experience with Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS) is an advantage
· Self-starter, structured and pro-active problem solver that work well both independently and in teams
· High degree of personal planning and able to meet deadlines
· Possess strong communication skills in English, orally and in writing
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 25,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 5,700 employees out of a global staff of 25,000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark.
Read more at https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy continuously strive to strengthen their position, and they are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy prioritize being responsible for their employees’ health and well-being, and they offer many employee benefits.