About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Senior Blade Structural Engineer
Job ID: 13144
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Denmark
Mode of employment: Full Time
About the Position
For our Blade Structural Integrity and Development team we are looking for a highly skilled composite engineer. The Blade Integrity team works on cutting edge technology in an international environment. The job will expose the engineer to a wide range of tasks allowing personal and technical growth and achieving a deep understanding of wind turbine blades. The Structural Integrity and Development team is part of the Blade Service
Engineering which is responsible for warranty cases, blades damages investigations, blade repairs, development of core technologies for repairs, support windfarms and support development of new products for operating blades on site.
What are my responsibilities?
- You can take a leading role in the development team for blade structural integrity and development
- Perform investigations, root cause analysis and drive clue decision for incidents, damages and failure of blades
- Drive technical assessment of warranty cases
- Contribute in a cross department cooperation for new technology developments
- Contribute to calculation method and tool development
- Contribute to service documentation
- Support customer relations
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an MSc of PhD degree in mechanical engineering or aeronautical engineering or relevant industry experience
- You have 5+ years of experience in wind industry or aerospace industry
- You have a solid understanding of light weight structures and composites
- You are familiar with commercial FE software and good understanding of composite materials
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to communicate your results in a clear and convincing manner
- You have a structured approach to your work and are able to handle simultaneous assignments without losing the overview
- You are able to work independently and you can drive your own assignments
- You have excellent English skills both orally and in writing
Apply online in English for the job at https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/career
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Luigi Menna via phone +45 30375761
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
If you want to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqC5eFU3Jo&t=8s