NIB offers you rewarding work in an international setting. The projects we finance are long-term and contribute to a sustainable and competitive Nordic and Baltic region. You will work with projects at different stages of their lifecycle, giving you a full view of the whole credit process. NIB’s status as an International Financial Institution gives you the opportunity to work with international networks of experts. We are a close group of some 200 people located in the heart of Helsinki. NIB has a work culture that is rich in teamwork and learning. We work in English.
The Lending Department/Transaction and Portfolio Management (TPM) Unit at NIB is seeking a
Team leader/Group Head for Project and Structured Finance
The role of the TPM is to evaluate, structure and execute new lending operations as well as manage, monitor and report on the existing loan portfolio. TPM consists of 19 professionals and is organized in three product teams: Corporate Lending; Project and Structured Finance, and; Financial Institution, Municipal and Sovereign Lending.
The PSF team consists of three transaction managers who execute new lending operations and manage the portfolio of project and structured finance loans. The lending is mostly within the infrastructure, energy and environment sectors, and mainly in the Nordic and Baltic region.
The team leader will be a member of the Extended Management Group for Lending. The team leader is expected to spend part of their time leading the team and part performing transaction manager tasks.
The main functions of the team leader position are:
Coaching and developing the team members, promoting knowledge sharing and learning
- Set targets for the team members, evaluate performance, give feedback and promote professional development
- Leading the PSF team in delivery of the TPM and Lending business targets
- Provide specialist banking expertise for the execution of new PSF lending transactions.
- Managing and monitoring the existing portfolio of PSF loan assets
- Support the origination sector teams in the origination of new PSF transactions.
- Monitor the PSF lending market, ensure that the Bank is kept informed of latest trends and market developments.
- Maintain contact with and develop networks of relevant stakeholders in the Bank’s member countries and beyond.
The position requires strong team-working, presentation and communications skills, problem solving skills, a high level of individual responsibility, integrity, and sound business judgment.
The position is a 4 year fixed term contract
Candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or Law or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience (banking/finance)
- A proven track record demonstrating a solid ability to evaluate, structure and process projects and credits
- Leadership experience
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite. Additional language skills relevant to NIB’s lending business would be an advantage.
We offer you:
- Good team working culture
- The opportunity to contribute to the lending business strategy
- A rich learning environment
- An interesting and inspiring working environment.
- Job located in the heart of Helsinki.
- Opportunity to gain a new perspective on the financial industry based on our position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries
- NIB welcomes expatriate employees and their families, and will help in making relocation and integration as smooth as possible. Helsinki is a lively and modern Nordic capital with an international atmosphere.
Information about the position can be obtained from Joseph Wright, Senior Director, Head of Transaction and Portfolio Management, tel. +358 10 618 001. For general information about employment at the Bank, please contact Joanna Södergård, HR Business Partner +358 10 618 001. The deadline for applications is 4 November 2018. To apply, please fill in the application form on NIB’s website, www.nib.int (Job opportunities).