About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 25,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company are listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Job ID: 13082
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Denmark
Mode of employment: Full Time
About the position:
For our SW Test Environment Team within the Corporate Technology Department, we are looking for a skilled Test Environment architect to join our growing, and dedicated test environment team.
In the SW Test Environment Team, we are responsible for; the SW test strategy, the enforcement of it, and the creation and maintenance of build- and test environments in which automated tests are executed. This involves both HIL setups, and small to large virtual environments, thus handling both the hard real-time and large scalability requirements. We operate 2 data centers and 2 test labs.
The introduction of Continuous Delivery is a strategic goal of the department; our team has been given the responsibility of introducing it.
What are my responsibilities?
• You will be part of our architect team consisting of: A Test Environment Architect, a Cyber Security Expert, and two System Test architects.
• As part of the architect team, you will process new product requirements, in an agile manner, deriving requirements for the test environments.
• You will design new test sites and infrastructure
• You will lead the constant improvement process of reducing our operational effort and cost.
• You will drive the creation of a new Continuous Integration environment for the individual project team, including full automated build, unit-test, static code analysis etc.
• You will drive the CI lead-time down by optimizing the build chain and introducing massive parallel computing. You will do this in close corporation with the product architects and our DevOps specialist.
• Together with the team, you find the state of the art SW tools do PoC and make the decision proposals. You implement these tools, and carry out introduction and training, allowing development projects to move faster. You hold the entire operational responsibility of these tools.
• You act as the technical expert across multiple development projects helping them in keeping their delivery pipeline running. The projects range from deeply embedded controllers over large SCADA server systems to central fleet management systems.
• Together with the rest of the team you ensure the operational side of our HW and VMware test environment.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• You have an academic degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, but your passion for Continuous Delivery is most important
• You have significant experience in the Continuous Delivery and the tools and mindset, which are needed
• You have data center architecture and design experience
• You can understand complex systems and problems, find the optimum solution and communicate it to your team mates.
• You are ‘hands-on’ and can get things done in a maintainable manner
• You have very strong knowledge of systems management tools (Chef)
• You have very strong knowledge of virtualization technologies (especially VMware)
• You have experience running a Continuous Delivery production environment
• You have experience in applying agile software development practices (e.g. SCRUM)
• You have experience scripting, Jenkins, GitLab, Artifactory, SonarQube etc.
• You are motivated by and interested in automation and development
• You have advanced operational knowledge on both Windows and Linux
• You have advanced operational knowledge of IP networks especially CISCO products (CCNP level)
• You take pride in ensuring a production environment while constantly extending and improving it.
• You are willing to travel
• You have strong communication skills
• You have excellent English verbal and written language skills - a basic understanding of Danish is advantageous
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Bert Petersen via phone +45 30677427
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
You may also apply through the following link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/explore/journal/offshore-wind-engineering
If you want to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqC5eFU3Jo&t=8s